Thursday, March 03, 2005

2nd Anniversary

Today is the 2nd year anniversary of the day I married Beau. We can't be together today, but I wrote him a poem as a gift. I hope he doesn't mind, but I thought I would share it with you.

As I look back at my future,
What did I see
Through the eyes of a child
I wondered "What would I be?"
And who was the man
That would steal my heart?
Who would love me right from the start?
I will love him and he'll feel the same
He will protect me and I'll take his name.
But children grow up and dreams fade away
Thoughts of my future lost along the way.
I got to a place
In my heart and my head
That love was a dream
Long past and long dead
So I closed my eyes on that child's dream come true
Til the day they were opened by the wonder of you.
All that I lost
All I thought I had missed
I found once again
In the truth of your kiss
Years have gone by
as we've shared our life
You are now my husband
and I am your wife
As I look back at my future
What did I see?
The love in your eyes as you look back at me.

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as he did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sniff! That's beautiful. Happy anniversary! Thanks for allowing me to be part of such a special day.