Thursday, March 03, 2005

Winter sucks

I think I have finally figured out why it is I hate winter so much. I think it is not so much the cold and the snow, but the depression that comes with lack of sunlight. I am not the kind of person that has ever spent any time in the sun. (Ask any one of my friends, I'm so white I am blue) LOL But, anyway, I realize as I emerge from the cocoon of grey, that I do indeed suffer from winter depression.

As Spring creeps up on us, I find myself waking up feeling refreshed and joyful in anticipation of the day. I have noticed the Cardinals returning to my backyard, there are bunnies and squirrels once again bounding through my yard. I noticed this morning that there are hundreds of tiny buds on the fruit tree of mystery in my backyard. (I am almost certain it is an apricot tree) I have always loved spring. The renewal of life turns me on. The tulips are like an unwritten promise that "it" will get better.Even the smell of the air is different.

Ahhhh......I love Spring.

No comments: