Monday, February 13, 2006

Tard Carts and Hamburgers

After my toenailectomy, I was instructed to stay off of my feet for a few days so that they can begin to heal properly. Not an easy thing to do for someone who likes to be doing "stuff", but, I am doing my best with the help of Beau and Lashell.

Lashell came over Friday night to stay with us because her house was being treated for fleas. I needed to go shopping on Saturday, so I asked her to go with me so she could follow me around as I was going to be in one of those little electric carts (I call em tard carts--no letters please, get a sense of humor). We got to the Evil Walmart Faction and Lashell dropped me off at the front door and I went in and climbed onto the silly wagon. I waited by the flower section for Lashell to come back in. It took me a few minutes to get used to the damn thing. At one point, I went a bit too fast and slammed into a shelf getting stuck. Lashell had to lift the shelf and get me unstuck. I was fine, but the shelf now has quite a good bend in the middle. LOLOL.

We had most of our shopping done and were in the frozen food aisle when it happened. The damed cart ran out of battery. So I waited there by the frozen pizzas as Lashell went back to get me a fresh cart. It seemed I was sitting there forever, people staring "What is she doing?" Eventually I heard the familiar whining coming around the corner behind me. I turned my head to look and there is Lashell sporting a cart of her own. I lost it then!!!! Oh man, we must have looked like doofaces.

She brought me the new cart, and a Walmart zombie came and took the dead one back to the front. We finished up there, headed back to my house dropped off the groceries and then we went to Lashell's house so she could start putting her house back in order after the bug bombing. Noticing that it was cold as all get out, she checks the thermostat. Great, heat's not working, so we decide she will be staying Saturday night too. Alright with me! I love the company. So we had homemade hamburgers and fries for dinner, then we played poker till the wee hours. All in all it was a really fun weekend.

With or without toe nails.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I wish I'd been at Walmart with my camcorder.

Anonymous said...

Ham Carts & Tardburgers...

Anonymous said...

It was quite a sight!!! I laughed for a while until she got frusterated with me and told me to stop.

Ville said...

Yeah, would have been great to capture.
I wasn't frustrated with you L, just the situation.

Ville said...

Hard Tarts and Spamburgers