Tuesday, April 11, 2006

More medical crapiola

I have yet another follow up on my toes today. They are healing but very VERY slowly. I was thinking about them last night. I am so used to caring for them and being conscious of them, that I don't know if I will ever be normal again. I mean, am I going to roll up my pants leg to get me feet in for the rest of my life? When walking about barefoot, will I always attempt to point my big toes skyward? Will I always be acutely aware of how close someone is standing in proximity to my feet? I don't know, but it sure is getting old.

On another note, I am meeting with a Diabetic Educator this afternoon. I am looking forward to this as I have no idea what I am doing. As far as my diet is concerned, all I know to do is to cut out the obvious. Sugar, pasta, white bread etc... But other than that I am floundering. It's a good thing I like salad. Right now I am enjoying a breakfast bowl from Carl's Jr. that Lashell was good enough to get for me. It's like a breakfast sandwich without the bread. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but, it's no sammich. *sigh*.

But, I digress, it could be much worse. While diabetes is a life-long disease, it is also a controllable one and I will live a long, happy life with a few modifications and some meds. I seriously need to get off my big, fat, white ass and do some exercise. I really want to start walking, but I cannot get into my walking shoes with my damned toes like this. I know it sounds like an excuse, but my feet get really sore and tired if I try to walk in these sandals I have been wearing. Bleh... I need to stop complaining!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have every right to complain. In fact, you're handling your deal a whole lot better than I'm handling mine.

Vent away, oh Villacious one!