Friday, April 30, 2004

Rain today, then cleared... then rained again

I awoke this morning to a very loud crash of thunder. Not the best way to wake up, but I do love a good T-Storm. OK, so maybe I am a little weird, but I am a bit of a severe weather junkie. T-Storms, blizzards, hail storms and yes even Tornadoes. I know tornadoes tend to scare the hell outta people. With good reason. This weekend last year several devastating tornadoes swept through Leavenworth county and the surrounding areas causing a great deal of destruction. Of course I wouldn't want anything like this to happen again.

I think I just enjoy the energy that comes from storms like this. Just keep them in open fields away from people! So, anyway it has been raining all day so far, and the forecast calls for more rain, perhaps even into tomorrow.

It's so green outside, and everything looks so clean and crisp. Oh and the smell! Sweet and earthy. I wish it could be bottled up and saved for the hellish summer that lay ahead. *sigh* But alas, I know it won't last, so I will enjoy every second of it while it is here.Take time to stop and smell the world!

No comments: