Saturday, October 16, 2004

Life's little pleasures

I have been alone here at home for a week now, which has given me way too much time to think about shit. The following is my first top ten list. I like this one though. This is my top ten list of life's truly simple joys

10: The smell that permeates from a freshly opened can of coffee.
9: Sleeping in.
8: My cat "making bread" and purring next to my head as I fall asleep.
7: Baking brownies at midnight.
6: My neighbor waving at me as I drive by, even though we have never spoken a word.
5: Writing with a really good pen.
4: Turning to the classical station on the way to work, to find they are playing Mozart.
3: The sound of a newly opened box of wine pouring into a glass.
2: The first shave with a new razor blade.
1: A really good nap.

There are so may simple joys in life. It is amazing how much we take for granted. I will strive from now on to remember these things and to "stop and smell the roses" (so to speak) a bit more often.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another little pleasure: Not finding that one black grain in your bag of rice.

Anonymous said...

Damn woman I wish I had known you were going to be alone. I had the weekend off we could have had a hair raising good time.