Friday, January 27, 2006

Is it just me??

Is anyone else getting sick of the "cute kid" syndrome in television commercials lately?? Take for instance "Bob" the Quiznos baby. WTF?? He's creepy as hell, more annoying than Morton Downy on crack, and about as appealing as Spam on a saltine. Seriously, I would rather have the weird-ass singing hamsters back. "They got a pepper bar"

The other one that has been pissing me off lately, is one of the MANY sickeningly sweet cutesie kids from the Welches grape juice commercials.

Little pigtailed brunette girl: "Mom says she loves sharing her Welches white grape juice with the whole family, but I think she gets it just for herself"

OK... so you think she gets it just for herself, yet your snot-nosed, selfish and inconsiderate little cakehole is still guzzling down the juice. Probably the ONE thing that mom indulges on for herself.

I know it's not something I should get all riled up about. And to be fair I'm not REALLY. But damn. I don't need a bunch of ankle biting kids to tell me what I should and should not consume. Especially when they aren't even old enough to know the value of a dollar. (Especially MY dollar.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that Welches girl's voice grates on my last nerve!

I agree with you 100%!
(But do we really have to have those mutated hamsters back? They put me off eating anything at Quizno's for a long time.)

Anonymous said...

Maybe Mom needs to buy herself a box of wine. Then if the thieving little crumb-snatcher got into it she'd at least be knocked out a good long time and Mom could get a break from her.

Great blog, Doll.

Ville said...

Hahahahaha!!! Apparently they are called "Spongemonkeys" and were the brain child of some weird in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Those things made me wanna puke! I wouldn't eat at Quizno's for the longest time because of those. This kid, however, is really getting on my last nerve.