Friday, July 01, 2005

Small towns

I realize that there are plenty of small towns in California, but the small towns here in Oklahoma are amusingly small. On a local radio station here, they announce class reunions. That's not so strange--a good idea really--but one in particular got me giggling. "The reunion will be held at Mr. and Mrs. Soandso's house..." How small did that class have to be to have the reunion at someone's house???

I met someone recently who has never even seen a mall. Wha??? Huh??? This is really odd to someone who grew up so close to "The Valley". I was at the mall as often as possible. The "Mall Crawl" was to a Valley girl what cruising is to a greaser. I have been away from Cali for almost 13 years now, but I am still amazed at the differences. I wonder if I will ever really become accustomed to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the twilight zone. lol

Ville said...

You said it!! LOL