Thursday, November 30, 2006

Just click your heels 3 times and say...

..."There's no place like home."

Beau and I are going to California next week to see my parental units. I talked to my dad this afternoon and he said that if I wanted to come home, he would buy the airfare. It is his Christmas gift to me. WOW!! I couldn't ask for a better gift. They usually send me money every year. (Hey, I don't mind that!) But this is so much more meaningful. We booked the flight and have the rental car all reserved. We will be leaving next Thursday the 7th and will return Monday the 11th. Short visit, but I can't swing any more days off than that. Well, I probably could but I didn't want to ask. Anyway, we're going home!!! I'm so excited I think my cheeks are going to explode.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you see how green I am with envy? Have a great time.

Unknown said...

say hi for me- hell perhaps Ill call there since I KNOW that number by heart! I wish I were going too- I loved every visit there!

Anonymous said...

Have loads of fun and eat lots of avocados!

Anonymous said...

But avoid the avocado loafs.

Ville said...

I have already consumed a fair share of avocados. Heheh. Mom is making egg foo yung, wontons and eggrolls tonight for dinner. Tomorrow is homemade enchiladas! I'm in heaven.
The weather is awsome, but it does get cold at night. OKOKOK, it's not 9 degrees, but mom and dad don't have central heat, and its getting down to the 40's. My feet are so cold!!
Dad and I went and bought a tree today and we will be trimming it tonight or tomorrow.
I'm so happy.

Kaye Waller said...

I can perfectly picture you in that house doing all those things. I WISH I COULD JUST DRIVE OVER AND DRINK BEER WITH YOU ALL!!!

PSM: Avocado loaf... LOL!

Anonymous said...

I miss California so much, sometimes, I could just implode. I wish I could move back into some place, like your folks' house and enjoy the weather, including cold nights during the summer. Sigh

Unknown said...

Awww- Im so glad that you are having fun- it is kind of surreal to me too that you and "Berg" are not there to get me from the airport.... Sigh- those were the days! Wow now that I think about it- its kind of strange how far you all traveled away from there....