Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Chickenheads in Stillwater USA

There is a new "Chik-fil-A" opening here in Stillwater. Just what this town needs is another fast food place. It's due to open tomorrow morning. Apparently they have this grand opening deal, where the first 100 people to enter the restaurant on the first day of opening get Chik-fil-A for a year (bleh, can you imagine?). There is nothing too remarkable about that really. It's a gimmick. All business have a gimmick. The odd thing about this is that there are people who actually stalk out these grand openings and travel to camp out to be one of the first 100. I read it in the paper a few days ago, but I wasn't sure that I could believe it. Well, as I drove in to work this morning and passed the new eyesore, there they were. Tents of wayward Chik-fil-A fanatics actually camped out on the small strip of lawn in front of the store.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like a mini dead show. Dozens of chickenheads wandering around lost in their own beautiful dream of greasy chicken sandwiches and over-sweetened glasses of tea for a full year! The thought of eating that slop for a year is enough to make me want to hurl. Well, to each his own, I guess. I suppose some people will do anything for the chance at getting something for free.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now why didn't you tell me this earlier, I would have taken off work and been out there with those chicken heads!!!! All kidding aside, I love Chik-fil-A and you know it!!! I am stoked because I got a coupon for a free chicken sandwich!! But I agree with you Chik-fil-A for a year is a bit much. And why are you knocking sweet tea? I feel like this might be a personal post to attack me? Momma, what have I done to you?

Ville said...

LOL. The world doesn't revolve around you Scotty Hayes.
It didn't have anything to do with you. I mean unless you would seriously be one of those people camped out there. Then I may have to smack you or something.

Ville said...

Oh BTW. I got a coupon too. You can have mine if you want it.

Unknown said...

Why didnt you wave? I was jumping up and down to have you join me....
Seriously though- I would take free for a year- I could stand outside and collect the cash and then go order for someone else and then take the money to feed my real habit.... Big Macs!
just kidding- I really only like sushi for fast food

Think of all the poor starving children you could feed with all that free food- that is a lot of full bellies- I suppose that if I were desperate enough I would do it too - besides they have an awesome spicy chicken sandwich! (we dont have chicfila here in CT where I live)

Ville said...

You are not missing much. :-) It is amazing how much food the fast food industry wates in a year. I shudder to even think about exactly how much.

Anonymous said...

Are you serious I can!!! Thanks you really are a true friend!!! LOL. Love you and my Chik-fil-A.

Ville said...

Chickenhead!!!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what all that was about. Joel and I drove by this afternoon and I saw the tents, but you know me, I don't "see" stuff because I'm lost in my own little world. I mean, I saw it, but it didn't register as anything to comment on or even think about. I wish I'd wake up.

I've never tried Chick-Fil-Fuckin-A's, so I can't comment on that, but I agree that what this town DOESN'T need is another fast-food joint. What we need is a restaurant that caters to the 30,000 of us who AREN'T students at OSU.

Chickenheads. LOL! You're right, it did kind of look like a mini Dead concert.

Ville said...

Yes. We need a nice sit down high end type restaurant. A nice place to go on a date. I mean a grown-up date. I think the Bay tried to be like that. The closest thing we have to that is Red Lobster. But even that is just a glorified Perkins or Applebees, just with shrimp and crab legs instead of burgers and chicken fingers.

Unknown said...

you just need the culture of New England and our Sushi!- I guess you will just have to pack up and move here!

Ville said...

West coast sushi is good too. I miss that. **sigh**
I'm afraid New England doesn't appeal to me darlin. You can have your winters. ;-)

Kaye Waller said...

I'd try the East coast for a year. Maybe Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket.

Unknown said...

nah- you dont want Massachussets- CT is half between NY and Boston- and only an hour to Providence.... its the better choice- I think if I were to move to my prime location it wuld have pretty blue water- and there would not be chickfila there either... Sushi? Possibly!

Kaye Waller said...

Not a big sushi fan. In fact, I don't even r-e-a-l-l-y like seafood, so I guess Vienna is the place for me. Cutlets and spaetzle and knodeln...YUM!



Word Verification for this comment: "fuekay"

I'm not even going there. You guys have fun with that one!