Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Relief

Well, I did it. I wrote my letter of resignation today. It's a 4 month notice, which may seem a little extreme, but it is still like a huge weight has been lifted, just knowing its temporary. There are a couple of reasons for the wait though. Besides wanting to stay through my anniversary date, this should also be plenty of time to train whoever will be replacing me.

Normally I wouldn't be so concerned, but our company is going through a software change, and the new person will have to go to our Ft. Worth offices for training. There are a lot of little details that are associated with this new system, and as much as I have grown to dislike my job, I still don't want to leave the next person with the kind of rats nest that I was left with. I had no training to speak of when I took this desk, so I see no reason to do the same to the next guy.

The letter is sitting on Bob's desk. I was trying to get my guts up to go hand it to him this morning and tell him what I was planning. But, sometimes I can be a real chicken shit. It's not that I am afraid to quit, it's just that, regardless of how it has been around here for the past few months, there was a time when I really looked up to him. The good outweighs the bad as far as history goes. So anyway, it's almost like telling your parents you are moving out. You are not sure if they will be relieved or disappointed, or both. So I took the wussie road and left it on his desk. We will see if he even says anything after he reads it.

Anywhoo, I just wanted to post an update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All in all, I know you're going to be happier. Who needs the Longbob anyroad?