Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Working stiffly

For the most part I really like my job, but recently it has come to light what a 2 faced, spineless, underhanded (did I mention 2-faced) liar my boss is. One of those that will smile and joke with you to your face, and then make snide back biting comments to others about you. He simply doesn't want to take responsibility for the things he knows he has f'd up. So instead he finds some way to blame it on me. Stupid thing is, he is making these remarks to Nicole, who is my best work buddy. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that she and I are both fed up with this childish high school behavior, and I have a feeling this will come to a showdown.

Of course, he will deny he ever said the things he has said. Its ridiculous!! He is 56 friggin years old and he is acting like a 16 year old school girl. The hardest part about this is that I have been here for almost 4 years and I never saw it before. Maybe he is going through andropause, or maybe I just didn't want to see it before. Either way, it is intolerable and I find it increasingly difficult to work for him. I used to have a great deal of respect for this man. But lately, I lose a little more respect for him every day. That's the worst part I think. That and the fact that he will not face me directly with these accusations of his. He will tell Nicole about all these things that he thinks I am doing wrong, or not doing, or whatever, yet when faced with me directly he doesn't say a word about them. It's positively insufferable. Besides the fact that the things he is "accusing" me of, are not rue and he is only trying to cover his ass.

Like this for example: I have been in charge of our collections for the most part, which means there are certain legal actions I can take to collect money. Like filing property liens. There are a few accounts with big money on them that are way out there in the past due mark. Accounts that months ago he specifically told me that he would take care of and NOT file liens on.

Suddenly now, HIS BOSS wants to know why these are not taken care of, and why there were no liens filed. Rather than own up to the fact that he told me not to, he has decided rather to talk shit about how I should have filed these liens and its MY fault he is getting his ass chewed. He has a very selective memory. I have brought these accounts to his attention on more than one occasion only to hear, "I'll take care of this one" or some other bullshit. Just last week I brought one up to him again, guess what he said?? "Oh well, I have spoken to so and so, and then to so and so, and then you know, I just forget to follow up. I'll take care of it." OH!!! So you FORGOT!!?? How the hell is that my fault you fucking 2-faced spineless prick! I think I know what the real crux of the problem is though.

I think he is intimidated by me. He knows I have a stronger personality, he knows I am more intelligent, and he knows I won't take any shit. So he would rather try to make me look bad than own up to the fact that I ( who was born without a penis) could possibly have a more Alpha personality than he does. Fucking good old boy's club.

Now that Beau is at his own office and seems to be doing really well, maybe I can really seriously look for another job. Something closer to home.I will keep you posted on that.For now, I have to get back to work for the prick head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What you need is two stiff martinis for lunch. Wish I lived closer, I'd take you out today.