Monday, September 04, 2006

Croc hunter has ceased to be...

Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" was killed today. Although I never really watched his program, I was always intrigued and fascinated by his seemingly fearless approach to animals. He educated and entertained a whole generation and I truly believe he will be missed.
The story of his death reads as follows:

"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.

I am just glad, for his sake, that he went out as he lived, loving and appreciating life.

2 comments:

Horus Jay said...

My thoughts go to his family.I watched a A&E type biography on Steve and his family and it won be over.I always thought "I would just like to hang out with him and his wife".They looked to be a very warm and friendly peoples.And the contribution Steve made to the preservation of wildlife was on a grand scale.

Kaye Waller said...

I never cared for his show; he was too "out there" for me. But he did a lot to raise wildlife consciouness and, as you say, I believ he went out the way he would have liked.

Love to his family, especially to his 8 year-old daughter who was diving with him and saw the whole thing. Poor child.

I can't help it. Not with a word verification like this one!

Word verification for this comment: SKSDRAT

"SK's da rat!"