Friday, September 01, 2006

The problem with the past is that it rarely stays there

Do you ever think about people from your past? People you used to know? Whether they be old lovers, friends, hell even enemies. And do you ever wonder if they ever think of you? More over, do you hope they do? Or, can you not imagine that they have forgotten about you altogether?

I have been in the process of creating an online photo album. Something akin to Flickr, but it is called Webshots. While in the process of perusing the site, I ran across an old friend. Someone I was really close to once. I met him when I was 18. (Jesus, was that really 20 years ago?)

Anyway, one can say he was my "first love". Don't forget, I was 18. He was (well and still is) 6 years older, a musician and cute like a bug. He and I became pretty good friends. We went to the movies, to the beach, went to the local music stores during local events and took drives into the Ventura mountains. Chrast he drove like a maniac!

So anyway, I e-mailed him today. Nothing much, just a "wondering how you have been" kind of thing. His response...."Sorry, I'm really bad with names." Seriously??? No really...Seriously!? I mean, he said more than that, but he still didn't know it was me, not for sure anyway.

Wow. So I wonder to myself. Are there people out there that think of me and couldn't imagine that I would ever forget about them?

I hope they don't e-mail me any time soon.

1 comment:

Kaye Waller said...

Man, that's a cold mackerel smack to the mandible!