Thursday, September 14, 2006

I need a vacation

For those of you that do not know what it is I do for a living. I am a Staffing Consultant for Express Personnel Services. One of 500+ branches worldwide. My job description has many components. One of them being, I put people to work. I try to find jobs for people that come to us for assistance. Most of the time, I really love what I do. But lately it seems as though no one wants to work. I mean, they say they want a job, so I get them a job. How do some of these asshats repay me? I'll tell you. By calling me at noon to say they had a flat tire on the way to work this morning. "Your shift started at 8 a.m. right? Then why are you calling me at noon?"

This wouldn't be so bad, except this is not the first time something similar has happened. Last time she did this, she asked "What should I do?" I said "Go to work, I don't care if your shift is over in 3 hours, GO TO WORK" Well, she didn't go to work. So this time, I just simply told her to not return to her assignment.

Everyday I wake up wondering, "What asshat is going to fuck up today. Which one of these irresponsible jerkwads is going to try to ruin my day today.?" And then they have the nerve to turn around and somehow blame it on me? Workers as well as Employers. Ass Q. Hat didn't go to work today, and it is somehow MY fault. I can't make them go to work! I can't drag their lazy asses out of bed and tug them by the ear to get to work.

I've always been a cynic, but this place is really beginning to magnify it.

I need a good strong drink and a vacation. Preferably not in that order.

I seriously want to organize a weekend trip to Vegas in the next few months. Just 3 or 4 days of forgetting about reality.

It would be fun if we all went together! Lets do it!!!!

No comments: