Thursday, May 04, 2006

Basics, bunco, beauty and bananas

Sometimes when one is so busy with work and shit, one forgets about the basics. Sometimes this job I have just stresses me out like nothing else. Monday was one of those days. I won't go into detail, just suffice it to say it was a sucky-ass day. But, that evening I went to Jeanette's daughters first dance recital. She is four.

At one point during her routine, she saw me in the audience and got this incredible sweet and happy smile on her face. I felt a little rush of joy wash over me as I thought about how important I have become to this child's life. Suddenly the crapiola at work didn't seem so damned important anymore.

But let me backtrack a little. The weekend leading up to the sucky-ass Monday was really a lot of fun. Friday, Jeanette and I went to play Bunco. She got me hooked on this monthly female gabfest a few months ago and I have been going with her ever since. I have never won anything, but it is allot of fun nevertheless.

The next morning we got up early and, along with her mom, drove to Tulsa for a Glamour Shots session. This took around 5 hours of the day, but we had such a great time! Getting all dolled up and playing celeb for a day. It did make me think about how difficult it must be to have to do this day in and day out. No wonder so many models suffer from exhaustion and dehydration. But the photos we all picked out are fabulous and I can't wait to get them. They should be coming in the mail in the next week or so. I will scan and post when I can. I'm feeling better and better these days, and it was neat to sort of portray that feeling on film.

I have had to change my diet a bit. Nothing as drastic as I had originally thought. Really more about portions than anything else. And I am eating allot of bananas. Well, at least one a day anyway. I usually eat one for breaky. Good thing I like them. But I swear one morning I am going to wake up with a pointy head and slick yellow skin!

Well, I suppose I need to get to work. I have been here for an hour and have accomplished nothing but this blog entry. Sometimes the boss frowns on behavior such as this. :-)

No comments: