Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Big changes ahead

Beau got a message from his mother last night that she has talked to his ex, and that arrangements have been made for his daughter to come stay with us. When, and for how long, we don't know yet. She turned 15 today and I don't know what to expect. I don't know her at all.

Needless to say, I am a bit apprehensive. Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to meeting her and getting to know her. I just don't have room in my life for teenage drama and conflict. With the diabetes, the ongoing toe healing, and now I found out I have advanced periodontal disease and will need to have 2 more of my teeth extracted. I am already doing 95% of all the housework, I do most of the cooking, and work full time. I'm tired a lot and don't feel so great much of the time. There will be some adjustment and changes in our life. Whether she stays for 2 weeks, or 2 months, or even 2 years. I have always been a dynamic person by nature, but at the same time I have become pretty content with the routine in my life.

No comments: