Tuesday, May 30, 2006

We never even cut the watermelon

Had a BBQ on Sunday. We had such a great time! At least I think we did. I know I did. I hope everyone did. We cued 3 big ol slabs of meat and had beans, bread, deviled eggs and the obligatory veggie trays. Surprisingly, most of the veggies got eaten which is kind of unusual.
All the usual suspects attended, Steph and Lynette and their three teens, Lauren, Heather and Nathan. Megan came down from Kansas. Lashell made it just as we sat down to eat and it made the evening perfectly well rounded.

After dinner we all sat out on the patio with our respective drinks and "did the weirds". We played hangman, drew silly (not to mention disgusting) pictures and made up silly songs. We laughed and carried on. Just like the good old days. I had gone out and found a seeded water melon so that we could have a seed spitting contest, but we got too busy being stupid, that we never even cut the water melon. Oh well!! Thanks everybody for making this weekend so fun and memorable!!

8 comments:

Kim Green said...

mmmmm bbq

Anonymous said...

It was a scream! Or, at least what I remember of it...

Really, it was a blastola!

Anonymous said...

Just poking the embers.

Sounds like the cue was a real hoot, lol! Maybe I'll be down there soon to contribute to "the weirds", I'm well overdue.

Ville said...

Oh you are way overdue dude. We need to have a "Just because we need to do the weirds" party, when you come down.

Anonymous said...

Speed sitting contest....

Anonymous said...

I tried that, and ripped a hole in my jeans while falling over in the chair.

Anonymous said...

LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! Good company is one of the best things in the world.