Monday, June 20, 2005

Back to the grind

First day at the new job is officially over. BORING!!! LOL. The office manger (Connie) assures me I will have more to do as time goes by. Today I only answered the phones and stamped the bills. The rest of the time I was playing online games. The worst part, is that I cannot smoke ther. Not on breaks, at lunch, nada. Not such a bad thing really, as it will force me to at least cut back, if not quit altogether. BUT, it was really rough at first.

I went to Berg's at lunch time and breezed some time away chatting and watching him play Zelda: A Link to the Past. After I got back to work the smoking thing really wasn't so bad. I only thought about it 2 or 3 times but quickly diverted my thinking with a glass of water or a licorice vine. LOL. Whatever works. I hope I do get more to do there. If I do, I think I will like it there. Everyone I met seems really nice. Quiet bunch though, except for Connie. But her office is as far away from my station as possible. I sit up front. Truly, it just feels good to be working again.

No comments: