Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Would you like fries with that?

Well, we moved to OK and are pretty well settled in now. I love this house!!! That's the good news, the bad news is, I still have not been able to get a job. Cripes, if something doesn't come through soon, I am going to end up flippin burgers somewhere. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing shameful about that, but I have too much experience in other fields. Oh well, we do what we have to do eh?

In the meantime, we got a new kitten. He is a grey tabby and we have named him "Figaro". He is sooooo friggin cute. Last week we had a bit of a scare with him. He became lethargic and stopped eating. Took him to "The Cat Clinic", (where Steph's wife works as a surgical nurse) and got him rehydrated and put him on some meds that are intended to treat intestinal viruses and parasites. Something is working because he is just about back to his old self. Eating, drinking, and playing like a maniac. Last night he was doing acrobatics on the couch chasing my wiggling fingers. He is going to be a great cat.

Cosmo, the ten year old has been 'tolerant' at best, but she is getting better. I don't think they will ever be "friends", but at least I know she won't rip his little face off. Actually, she is a big ol pussy, because this big old cat is afraid of the little bitty. LOLOL

On another note, my B-Day was last Thursday and we had a party on Saturday. Steph, Nettl and Lauren (Nettl's oldest) came over and we had lots of food and wine. Steph and I ended up sitting outside for most of the evening, talking laughing and generally doing the weirds. Steph ended up staying the night, and the next day we whiled away the time watching the Food Network and bitching about the hosts. Something we have been doing for years. It used to be court shows, but now it's cooking shows. Some things I learned: Steph and I both hate, Bobby Flay and Emeril, and have similar opinions regarding most of the other hosts. Too funny, even after years of living in completely different zip codes, our similarities are still remarkable. I had a blast.

No comments: