Monday, June 20, 2005

Somewhere, Beyond The Sea

Last night was a scream!!! Went to Steph and Nettl's to participate in the b-day celebration of one of Nettl's co-workers. Jacey is her name. She is a laugh riot. This girl has only just (today) turned 23 and has already overcome cancer. Her attitude toward life is such an inspiration. She brough her BF Mica, who is 7 years her senior. He seems like a really decent and genuine human being. We all had a great time. Of course I was coerced into singing the standard duet with Steph (Fake Mammaries), which is always good for a larf.

J and M took off around 11:30-ish and S and N and I stayed out on the back patio listening to old standards and singning and dancing til after midnight. We had such a good time. I stayed the night there, and around 11 a.m. I slimed out of bed.

Steph and I watched the Kevin Spacey movie "Beyond the Sea" which is a movie depicting the life and death of Bobby Darin. Great film. Besides the fact that I am already a great fan of Spacey, I also love the whole Las Vegas campy lounge acts. I loved this movie. I heartily reccomend it.


Anyway, I finally got home today around 1:30. Beau got home just around 2 and we took a nap til almost 5. Cripes, I have not slept all day in a long long time. I loved it!!!

No comments: